Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

2nd Avonex Shot

Last night was my 2nd avonex shot, 1st alone. No nurse... just me and my anxiety! I had a new plan: wait til later. Take Tylenol PM and sleep through all of the pain. When I got home I took the syringe out and did my normal routine. Took 2 Tylenol PM at 7:30, did the shot at 8:30, felt drowsy at 9:30... woo hoo! Fell asleep - also apparently texted in my sleep as well, Tylenol PM does some business on ya! A friend texted me "How'd it go" and I replied "Took at 8:30, just drank it"... funny. I did fine until I woke up at 1:30am in the same aches and pains as last week. And then again at 3am, and again at 6am. Unfortunately there was no real difference in the side effects and I'll probably have to wait longer to see them subside. Some people had said from their 1st to 2nd shot they felt a difference so I had my hopes up. Eh well. I would like to post a video of me doing it - if I get it down... just to see that it's not that had. It's mind over matter, but that is tough sometimes. Every time I counted to 3 in my head my arm instantly got heavy and I couldn't do it. But for some reason I finally did. No worries though - no pain... just weird! I don't have MS, MS has me! :)

Current Symptoms: tight upper knee, some tightness around waistline when I bend my head forward, tingly fingers still... in the morning it's more the whole hand. Such interesting day to days.

No comments:

Post a Comment