Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

twenty10.

Ah, 2010. Hello you mysterious year, you. What do you have in store for me? Only time will tell.

Oddly enough, I could be typing this at 3:12pm on this Sunday afternoon and I could be dead by tomorrow morning. But with all "optimism" aside - I could make it and things could be worse!

Or better. Resolutions. Have you made one? or Three? I have had a few ideas on my mind for the past few months and am hoping that the new year will remind me of these and that I will try to consciously to myself right.
The only one that I can guarantee I will hold on to the longest is that fact that I will not let my new disease let me down. In the past 3 weeks I have mentally beaten my medicine - though it still physically kicks my ass once a week. I have been feeling slightly weak in the thighs... I haven't tossed a single pair of heels, or lost one ounce of confidence to embarrassment. And I refuse to because laughing if off will make me feel way better.

There are other things that may beat me or that I will not be able to change... my diet, my finances, my love life... but those are lifelong battles themselves for everyone. And even in the depths of lows I'll still appreciate them as part of my life, that I'm living. I hope I'm here tomorrow to keep talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment