Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Year Anniversary

So at this time in the morning 365 days ago I was driving to Joel's house. He was going to take me to my 3rd MRI. I take the Alprazolam during the MRIs, it makes for a much cozier hour or so. On the freeway my doctor called and I picked up and told him I was on my way to the MRI place. He told me there was no need, he could see the lesions on three specific places on my brain and spine. It's official: I have MS.
I start crying. I have no idea what this means for me but I do not I have an incurable disease and that I can't walk right and that half my body is numb. As I'm crying and driving to the freeway I try to clean myself up. Since I'm already so close to Joel's house and having a breakdown I figure it's best to get there and calm down before I drive back home. I walk in and Joel's ready to go, and then I just start bawling and he gives me a hug. And I cry in his arms for a minute or two and that is my reaction to my new world.
"Life is not the amount of breaths you take,
it's the moments that take your breath away." Alex Hitch Hitchens

One year ago, already! Insane. But what I have learned in one year about the disease, about me, about my life - is that I am surrounded by the most amazing peple. People that have been around me forever, people that I've just met but our souls have seem like they've known each other for years, people that have come and gone in my life but have shown and offered their support to me without hesitation. It makes me ridiculously humbled that I know such rich and caring people. It makes me fill with pure happiness. For life is who we are with and what we do with our company.

I love you all, you know who you are.  



No comments:

Post a Comment